The Ministry Education, Science and Technology hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Kaduna State citizens wishing to study MBBS Overseas programmes to participate in the 2018/2019 selection interviews for the award of the scholarships.
Overseas Scholarship is for MBBS Only, Kaduna State Overseas Scholarship schemes are for applicants wishing to apply for MBBS into higher learning Institution aboard and bellow are the requirement:
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY:
- All applicants must be a residents of Kaduna State.
- Preferably candidates from indigent families.
- All applications must be for MBBS, B.Sc Nursing and Health Technology related degree programmes.
- Applicant must possess a minimum qualification of six (6) Distinctions (As and Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC or NECO (May/June) in science subject(Physics, Chemistry and Biology) including English Language, Mathematics and any other science subject.
- Certificate should not be more than two (2) years old.
- Age limit for applicants should be 17 to 20 years.
There are five (5) different Local scholarship schemes for applicants wishing to apply for Local Scholarship:
1. Need base scholarship (Form 1.)
Need base scholarship is for all categories of students preferably, student from indigence family. You to be a student of any recognized and accredited institution of higher learning in Nigeria.
2. Merit base scholarship (Form 2.)
Merit base scholarship is also for all categories of students, provided the candidate has obtained 3.5 CGPA for the result of the current year of study. He/She must also be a student of any recognized and accredited institution of higher learning in Nigeria.
3. Disability scholarship(Form 3.)
Disability scholarship is for students with any form of Disability. He/She must also be a student of any recognized and accredited institution of higher learning in Nigeria.
4. Athlete Scholarship (Form 4.) Athlete scholarship is for athlete students that has represented Kaduna state in any local or International competition. He/She must also be a student of any recognized and accredited institution of higher learning in Nigeria.
5. School Base Individual Scholarship Health Related Course (Form 5.)
School Base Individual Scholarship is for applicant studing Health related courses (e.g MBBS, Pharmacy, Nursing etc.) in Nigeria. He/She must be a student of any recognized and accredited institution of higher learning in Nigeria.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY:
- Applications for postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with second class honours Upper Division.
- Applicants must be registered full-time students of any recognized and accredited institution of higher learning.
- All other applicants (UG, HND, and NCE) must be registered full-time students of any recognized and accredited institution of higher learning in Nigeria.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Visit: www.scholarship.kdsg.gov.ng and Obtain User Name & Password
- From the Home Page Click on 'Create Account' button.
- Enter your Name,Email and password, and Click on 'Submit' button.
- Login into the system using the email address and the password you registered.
Step 2 Apply for Scholarship
- From the Home Page, Enter your email address and password and Click Login button.
- After login, Copy the 12 digit PIN No. on top of your page, and Click on 'Apply for Scholarship' button. to start applying
- Enter the 12 digit PIN No. and click the 'Apply Now'.
- Enter all Information as required on the Application Form and click 'Submit' button.
NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
a. Remember to print a copy of the completed form for verification process
b. CBT Examination would be conducted at Kaduna State University(KASU) at the following date:
Date: 25th May 2019, written and oral interview is 27th - 29th May 2019
Northern Senatorial Zone: Nuhu Bamali Polytechnic Main Campus. Date 27th - 29th May 2019
Central Senatorial Zone: Kaduna State University (KASU) Main Campus, Tafawa balewa way, Kaduna. Date 27th - 29th May 2019
Southern Senatorial Zone: College of Education Gida waya kafanchan campus. Date 27th - 29th May 2019